- Get to Know Us
- Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin
- Mamow Oshki Pimagihowin
- Foster Parenting
- Working at Tikinagan
- Contact Us
Reports to:Direct Services Supervisor
Status:Term until June 2013
Location:SANDY LAKE, ON
Reporting to the Direct Services Supervisor, the Program Support Worker is responsible for providing professional secretarial services, frontline systems, data input and filing services. As per the direction from Tikinagan’s Board of Directors and by Chiefs resolutions, and in order to work in the true spirit of Tikinagan Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin Service Model, Tikinagan has been moving services and staff positions to the community level. Hiring staff based in the First Nations served by Tikinagan is part of our decentralization efforts. This position will be based in the community of Sandy Lake, ON.
- Comprehensive secretarial/clerical training and/or experience.
- Accurate keyboarding skills; Microsoft Word experience is essential.
- Proficiency in recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent self-management skills (i.e., attendance, time management, organized, ability to take initiative and follow through on assigned duties independently).
- Ability to learn and apply multi-step procedures for data input.
- Excellent personal qualities (i.e., dependable, able to maintain confidentiality).
- Knowledge of child welfare issues in Northwestern Ontario would be an asset.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the First Nations Culture and communities.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to provide a current Criminal Records Check prior to employment.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- The ability to communicate in one of the Nishnawbe-Aski dialects is preferred.
SUBMIT UPDATED RESUME, COVERING LETTER INCLUDING COMPETITION NUMBER AND 3 REFERENCES TO:
Tikinagan Child and Family Services
P.O. Box 627
Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (807) 737-4550
CLOSING DATE: June 20, 2012 DEADLINE: 4:30 p.m.
All successful applicants will require a current Criminal Record Check (CRC) (and Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) for positions working with children). As such, it is recommended that applicants apply for a CRC & VSC as soon as possible.
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN NTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED