Careers Empowering Communities
Why work for Tikinagan?
We value our employees' skills, education, and most importantly, their cultural awareness and respect for our service model, Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin. We work to improve the lives of families and children of our 30 First Nation communities. We are looking for people to join our team in Thunder Bay who believe in the Mamow Obiki-ahwahsoowin way of supporting families. Because we are an Indigenous organization, persons of First Nations ancestry will be given preference (OHRC, Part II, Special Employment), particularly applicants connected to the 30 First Nations we serve.
Training & Development
We offer our staff specialized training, ongoing support, a team approach, and networking with other community partners to make a real impact.
Compensation & Benefits
Along with our competitive wages, new staff receive a minimum of three weeks holidays, plus an additional week of Culture & Wellness days -- that's four weeks in your first year! We also provide an excellent benefit and Pension package for full-time employees, a yearly fitness reimbursement incentive, and free access to an Employee Assistance Program. At Tikinagan, we are committed to supporting the health and wellness of our employees and their families.
How to Apply
Send your job application/resume to the Hiring Committee, indicating you are interested in “Service Positions in Thunder Bay.”
Ways to apply:
- BY MAIL: P.O. Box 627, Sioux Lookout, ON P8T 1B1
- BY FAX: (807) 737-4550
- BY EMAIL: HR@tikinagan.org
- IN PERSON: Click here for our office locations.
Call HR at 1-800-465-3624 if you have any questions.
- Tikinagan will be conducting general interviews to determine which position would be the best-fit for successful applicants.
- Applicants can also express their interest in specific positions/areas in their application or during the interview.
- Positions will remain open until filled.